JOBS: Graduate and Experienced Job Vacancies at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical Graduate Jobs
- Successful candidates will be expected to work within the power distribution sector with experienced engineers, developing skills and experience in order to become a competent and effective professional Engineer within the Power Sector and provided with challenging job opportunities.
- Preferably fresh from the university but certainly with not more than 2 years’ experience, who are highly intelligent, hardworking, having the ability to apply common sense in analyzing and resolving problems and who value integrity more than wealth.
- Minimum B.Sc. or, preferably, M.Sc. Degree in Engineering, in one of the following disciplines –Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering from reputable Universities with a minimum of 2nd class upper
- Must have completed NYSC
- Maximum age of 26 years as of December 2016
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Reporting To: Head Billing
- Provide periodic reports and also ensure that data is well backed up to mitigate against data loss.
- To ensure files received from all business units are well scrutinized before final upload on the billing systems and escalate exceptions to the line manager.
- Develop and implement creative performance reporting template as required by line manager
- Coordinate Monthly performance report for IE.
- Assist, Identify and analyzing all potential revenue leakages from customer metering, Distribution Transformer and feeders and proffer strategies to eliminate such Ensure Compliance in the usage of the Estimated Billing Methodology (EBM) and Energy Accounting Policy (EAP) for billing estimated customers.
- Collate and interpret data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports, drawing inference and presenting observations to the business to guide business decision and ensure operational efficiency.
- Assist with detecting areas of high financial leakages and design appropriate strategies to block the leakages
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting collection/ billing efficiency, through the generation of delinquent customers based on historical performance Perform assurance test on energy shared across feeders, DTs, Business Units and Undertakings
- Develop Business Intelligence tools that help drive and monitor collection activities
- Generates commercial/ financial periodic reports (daily, weekly and monthly) such as collection analysis reports, adjustment reports, maintenance reports etc.
- Ensure compliance to reporting standards as required by the Corporate Performance Monitoring Team within the Head Office
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Design actionable reports to improve cash collection drive and boost performance
- Provide general support to the Billing Head as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines – Computer science, Engineering, or other related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience, from related sector with demonstrable understanding of data analytics.
- MIS experience is an added advantage
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Oracle DB, My SQL.
- Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Billing operations Knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be highly analytical.
- Knowledge of the power industry and the distribution value chain
- Good knowledge of regulatory (NERC)framework
- Strategic management
- Data Analytics
- Familiar with Relevant Business Intelligence Software
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Team worker
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.