Apply for UNICEF July 2016 Job Recruitment
Apply for UNICEF July 2016 Job Recruitment
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Procurement Specialist
Job Number: 496518
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
Purpose of the Job
- Under the guidance of the Supply Manager, the incumbent will work closely with colleagues in Health Section, Supply Division and the respective Departments of Government of Nigeria to manage all aspects of Procurement Services.
- S/he will provide vision, technical leadership and coordination of technical support to regional and country office for strengthening national Cold Chain Logistics and Supply Management systems.
- S/he will also work with partners to develop/update the national strategies, tools and guidance on CCL&VM policies, procedures and systems.
- The incumbent will work with regional and country teams to provide technical assistance to national systems to meet minimum standards in relation to:
- Equipment used in the CCL system;
- Vaccine stock management to prevent stock-outs and over-stocking and optimize vaccine usage;
- Vaccine shipment/transport; and
- Temperature monitoring.
- The incumbent will also provide advice and facilitate trainings on:
- Links and synergies for CCL&VM for immunization campaigns with the procurement and supply management of routine immunization in endemic countries and, where appropriate, other essential health commodities;
- Where necessary, outsourcing of CCL&VM functions to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Developing alternative strategies to get vaccines from the national port to communities in the field.
- S/he will work as part of the proposed UNICEF/WHO CCL Hub and with close engagement of other partners globally and in the field and will provide support in countries beyond those specified here, as per need of the programme.
Key Accountabilities, Duties & Tasks
- Develops and maintains a strategic framework for the identification of procurement services projects.
- Provides support and guidance to Key Counterparts at National levels and INGOs on PS planning and transactions through regular communications, training and workshops and visits, as required.
- In coordination with Supply Division, delivers PS Key Accounts as well as complex and large requests and projects.
- Monitors overall PS transactions and facilitates the efficient and effective PS workflow, by addressing the bottlenecks and gaps and improving the processes, in close coordination with PS Unit in SD and National Counterparts.
- Obtain and communicate to customers, the cost estimate to finalize them within the agreed time-schedules.
- Contributes to SD Workshops, special/other events. Provides training on PS, particularly with regard to transaction management.
- Provide advice to the Country Office, Government and implementing partners on offshore and/or local procurement of goods and institutional services policies and procedures, Procurement Services and GAVI Co-financing; delivery and utilization of UNICEF supplies and equipment; coordinate with the Supply Division, Copenhagen, on supply policy and/or activities.
- Works with Health Section, Supply Division and partners to develop/update the tools and guidance on CCL policies, procedures and systems; and provide support through ROs and COs to implement at country level. Interacts with relevant teams at country level to develop a plan of action for building a CCL&VM system for polio vaccines prioritizing on polio endemic countries. With a specific focus on supporting the development of systems that produce data on:
- Equipment management;
- Vaccine stock management;
- Transport; and
- Temperature monitoring.
- Develop protocols and guidelines to conduct thorough vaccine management assessments and audits related to polio vaccination to identify gaps in supply and management and cold chain and means to rectify them. Provides support, as needed, in undertaking the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) assessment; and in developing and implementing the EVM-based Improvement Plan. On-going review of the tools and methods in the vaccine management for refining and improving them.
- Develop and maintain partnership and collaborative relations with UNICEF, Government, UN, and bilateral counterparts in supply/logistics and institutional services activities including distribution, monitoring supply inputs, and inventory. 5) Participates in the preparation of all programme reports for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate
- Advanced University Degree in Supply Chain Management or Public Health or Program Management, or other academic qualifications in similar areas, and relevant experience.
- A first University degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in the above fields of studies, combined with 2 additional years of relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Eight years of work experience in logistics, cold chain or related areas; of which at least 2-4 years in developing countries.
- Fluency in English required. Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
Competencies Of The Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Drive for Result
- Working With People
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Deciding and Initiating Actions
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Leading and Supervising
- Planning and Organizing
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Adjusts team or department’s approach to embrace changing circumstances.
- Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates team- and department-wide activities.
- Ensures that team or department follows relevant company policies and procedures.
- Has excellent leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
- Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities for self, own team or department
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment must be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
2.) International Communication for Development Consultant
Deadline: 12th July, 2016.
3.) Deputy Representative
Deadline: 20th July, 2016.
4.) TA Wash Specialist
Deadline: 19th July, 2016.